- Year 6 doing Key Stage 2 SATS.
- Common Entrance – both for exams for 11 and 13 year olds.
- Years 7 to 9 doing Key Stage 3.
- Years 10 and 11 doing GCSE and IGCSE (including Additional Maths).
- Years 12 and 13 doing A Levels (including Further Maths). Have also worked with students studying the International Baccalaureate.
- Have helped undergraduates with their mathematics and worked with adults studying mathematics or numeracy for internal promotion.
- All sciences (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) for Years 6 to 9 doing Key Stages 2 and 3.
- All sciences for Common Entrance – both for exams for 11 and 13 year olds.
- All sciences for GCSE and IGCSE.
- For A Level, have tutored in Physics and have provided assistance in Biology and Chemistry and to a student studying the science part of an International Baccalaureate.
HOW TO LEARN
While students may understand what is being taught, shockingly few have a Learning System to help them remember what they need to know: Most will get forgotten and will have to be re-learnt later on, often repeatedly.
I work with the students to help them develop their own systems for learning (sadly there is no ‘one size fits all’); to gain confidence in what they can do; to develop the self-discipline to keep the systems going and to accept that it is their responsibility to keep what they need to know fresh in their memories.
OTHER TUTORING ACTIVITIES
Over the years I have provided tutoring support to students for a number of subjects including:
- ICT skills for GCSE and its equivalents. Have also worked with those needing to master software for work.
- Tutored adults in basic numeracy and mathematics, particularly towards promotion at work.
- Have provided support and encouragement to children working on other subjects (e.g. learning Spanish vocabulary). However I cannot provide tutoring or support for English.
- Group training available.